Five Talents Wealth Management, Inc., is comprised of a senior financial planner who has earned the distinction of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional. This is a professional certification given to planners who pass extensive exams in the areas of financial planning, education planning, taxes, insurance, estate planning, and retirement. This certification indicates the highest level of professional competence, knowledge, and adherence to a strict code of ethics and is maintained through ongoing continuing education programs.
As planning professionals, we believe strongly in the financial planning process. What this ultimately means for our clients is that we make recommendations only after completion of a multistep evaluation of a client’s long-term goals and short-term goals, coupled with his or her needs and available resources for investment.
We believe that in order to accomplish a goal, there must be a plan. A financial plan is much like a road map in that it lets you see where you want to go and how you are going to get there. Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply hope that one’s resources will be enough to provide for one’s family and one’s retirement.
- We believe that most people who are financially successful become so through steady investing over long periods of time—not through “hot” stock tips or “rolls of the dice.”
- We believe that most financial markets are efficient—that information is analyzed and dispersed so quickly that it is impossible to consistently “beat the market.”
- We are not market timers. We believe that while markets behave rationally over long periods of time, they often behave irrationally over shorter periods. This short-term irrational behavior makes it impossible to consistently predict short-term investment results. For this reason, money which will be needed in the near future should not be invested the same as your longer-term money.
- We believe that diversification manages risk—that investors should not put all their eggs in one basket. We believe that proper asset allocation and time are the most critical components of investment returns. Investors should note that diversification does not assure against market loss and that there is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will outperform a nondiversified portfolio.
- As a Five Talents client, we promise to tell you the plain, unvarnished truth at all times. One of these truths is that most investment returns are not guaranteed and financial markets go down as well as up.
- Equity investments can be volatile, but most people cannot achieve their goals by parking their investments in fixed rate portfolios. Most people need at least some of their money to grow faster than at fixed rates.
- Our responsibility is to help you determine the proper mix for your investments.
- When your investments are down, we are also here to remind you that you are a long-term investor. Age, investment horizon, risk tolerance, and investment experience are all-important factors in selecting appropriate investments.
First and foremost, we believe God owns everything and that He entrusts His children to manage it well.
As we educate you and make recommendations, it is ultimately you who gives the final okay and authorizes us to act and implement. Our prayer is that you will never feel alone in the process. We stand with you and for you!